+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sigilo (Plastirama Quick Kick) Profiled - 10/10/2017

Quote Originally Posted by darkwise View Post
    I wonder if it is because Sightline is a new build, the Alley Viper is a repaint, and Sigilo is almost identical to the original figure, so visually, people's curiousities are not drawn to it.
    I think that's part of it. But, a post on Ice Cream Soldier is almost as popular as Sightline. That, I can't figure out. Ozone was pretty much in the middle of popularity.

However, reviewer HCC mentioned that the bright 90's stuff was getting more hits on his site than earlier stuff, too. So, there appears to be an audience for the late year stuff right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    I think that's part of it. But, a post on Ice Cream Soldier is almost as popular as Sightline. That, I can't figure out. Ozone was pretty much in the middle of popularity.

However, reviewer HCC mentioned that the bright 90's stuff was getting more hits on his site than earlier stuff, too. So, there appears to be an audience for the late year stuff right now.
    Maybe because there's a resurgence of brightly coloured figures due to black majors works.

Quote Originally Posted by england joe View Post
    Maybe because there's a resurgence of brightly coloured figures due to black majors works.
    A further consideration is that so many people stopped collecting in the 80's that this stuff might be completely new to them, therefore more interesting.

This could be true.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwise View Post
    A further consideration is that so many people stopped collecting in the 80's that this stuff might be completely new to them, therefore more interesting.
    It's funny, I came to the opposite conclusion. I figured that we are now in a time when the kids of the '90's are entering their collecting heyday. So, we're seeing heavy nostalgia from them on the toys from their childhood while more of the '80's guys have moved on to other parts of their life and aren't as actively collecting these days.

It's funny, I came to the opposite conclusion. I figured that we are now in a time when the kids of the '90's are entering their collecting heyday. So, we're seeing heavy nostalgia from them on the toys from their childhood while more of the '80's guys have moved on to other parts of their life and aren't as actively collecting these days.
    Could definitely be, but for me, since I stopped in 88 or so, it was more more magical discovering the figures I never knew of, instead of the figures I already had.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12